We’re now a 5th generation family-owned farm, run by cousins Jeff, Shawn, and Darren Colborn — with our extended families’ support. We specialize in poultry (table egg), grain, beef cattle, and raising bred replacement heifers for other commercial cattlemen.
Across the decades, everyone involved has committed wholeheartedly to improving on each generation’s hard work.
Progressive Farming Technology
This approach is what’s kept us thriving. Our goal is to leave the land, cattle, poultry and business operations in better condition for the next generation.
We understand that running a farm is never easy, but it’s in our nature and blood. We love the outdoors and strive daily to build the Colborn legacy for those who come after us.
All Farming Practices are Sustainable
As farmers, the aim is to continuously improve and produce a premium food commodity that gives back to our community and province. To do this, we adopt the most suitable farming solutions for our respective farm operations.
Farmers are experts at judging technology. If the technology does not add real value to our operations from both an environmental sustainability and financial stand point, we will not adopt that solution.
However, no matter what approach we use, we assure you it’s always in the interest of animal welfare, land preservation, healthy families and the wider community.
Meaning, we understand the importance of high feed conversion, well milking females with sound leg structure, easy calving, and good temperament.
Investing in high-quality genetics is greatly valued, and many hours go into selecting and building the cow herd. All of our genetics have been tried and tested on our commercial herd, making Colborn Farms the cattlemen you can trust. We believe in what we sell and will stand behind it.
Beyond the Farm
Over the years, the Colborn family has volunteered and helped:
- Build Delisle Rink, local ball diamonds & the Rodeo grounds
- Volunteered with the Delisle first responders and various boards
- Raised over $300,000 for recreational structures through Crops for Community
- Keith & Cliff Colborn are members of the Saskatchewan Poultry Hall of Fame recognized for their work with the Saskatchewan Egg Producers.
- Shawn is a Director for Saskatchewan Egg Producers & Chair for Farm and Food Saskatchewan—an organization committed to connecting farm producers with consumers.